To make your Nurit Spiegel jewelry last a lifetime and beyond, certain care should be taken in the wearing, cleaning and storing of each piece.
Caring For Your Eco-Friendly Paper Jewelry
- I use a moisture resistant sealant to protect all jewelry from the Eco Friendly Paper Jewelry Collection from rain and perspiration and to avoid this unique paper from tearing. The jewelry from this collection are not water proof though therefore must be removed before showering. They should be treated with care, as you would with any piece of art.
- There are many commercial cleaners available to clean the Sterling silver particles of the jewelry at home. You will find a soft silver cleaning cloth (added free with your purchase) an effective and inexpensive way to keep your jewelry lustrous and shining.
- Always clean your Sterling silver hooks with an alcohol swab before wearing any new earrings.
- Apply your make-up, hair spray and perfume before putting your jewelry on.
Special Care for Your Sterling Silver Charm Jewelry
Sterling silver can tarnish if it is not treated properly. Tarnish occurs due to dampness and chemicals in the air and tarnish can build up quite a bit on jewelry that is rarely worn. You can prevent tarnish build up by wearing your jewelry regularly and safe keep your jewelry in a cool dry place in individual pouches or plastic zip lock bag.
You can remove tarnish with our soft silver cleaning cloth or by using soap and water. After brushing simply rinse with lukewarm water and dry them with a soft cloth.
Be careful of chlorine based products. Chlorine, especially at high temperatures can permanently damage and discolour your jewelry. It is not recommended to wear gold or silver while using chlorine bleach or while in a pool or hot tub.
Apply your make-up, hair spray and perfume before putting your jewelry on - the chemicals in these items may damage the finish of the metal and the gem stones.
Our Free Sterling Silver Cleaning Cloth
FREE Silver Cleaning & polishing cloth. This cloth is specially impregnated with a secret formula of silver polish and tarnish inhibitors that gently remove tarnish from silver. The special formula leaves behind an anti-tarnish treatment so that your silver remains shiny and beautiful! Made from a 100% cotton flannel cloth. Use this single-ply silver polishing cloth until it is completely black! This cloth is perfect to carry in your purse and it is non-toxic.
Special Care for Your Gem Stones
It is important to take proper care of gem stones to make sure their brilliance endures over time. While many people may think that gem stones are durable, many are very soft and some are extremely brittle and they can easily be damaged by heat, vibration or chemicals. Extended soaking in any solution can harm a gem stone’s polish and so it is best to rinse your gem stones in clean water and dry them with a soft cloth.
To prevent damaging your delicate gem stones, you should also avoid exposing them to temperature extremes as well as sudden changes in temperature. In addition, these stones should be kept out of prolonged sunlight as the heat can cause a discoloration in the stone.
Gem stones should be stored in an individual pouches or plastic zip lock bag or wrapped in tissue paper in order to avoid scratching their surface. Each piece of gem stone jewelry should also be stored separately to protect them and ensure long-lasting beauty.
Special Care for Your Pearls
Pearls are porous, which means that perfume, shampoo, products containing alcohol or acid and even sweat can damage them irreparably. Fresh water does not affect pearls. To maintain the natural gleam of your pearls, rub them gently with a soft cloth before storing, preferably wrapped in tissue paper to avoid scratching by other jewels.
Storing Your Jewelry
- When you are not wearing your Nurit Spiegel jewelry, store it in an individual pouch or plastic zip lock bag or wrapped in tissue paper. Chains should lie flat to avoid kinks.
- Gold and silver are strong but they can still be scratched so avoid placing pieces on top of each other in a jewelry box or drawer. Gem stones should also be stored separately to prevent any scratches and damage.
- Store your jewelry in a dry place and avoid extreme temperatures. Store away from heat sources and sunlight. The sun may fade some gemstones.
- Do not leave earrings, chains or pendants on the rim of a sink or edge of a bathtub as they can easily slip down the drain.
- Do not leave colored gems, pearls or Swarovski crystals exposed to sunlight for extended periods as they will fade.
Enjoy and Have fun!